Thursday, July 31, 2008

Craziness!

Last night at the fair was pure craziness...a woman who was pregnant, and there pushing 2 children in her stroller, was beat-up by 2 guys because she supposedly said something. Then her husband went after one of the guys and beat him down. They all got arrested. Brian, Isaac, Elijah, and I missed the beatdown by a minute. I'm glad they had to stop for mini-donuts. We did walk by and saw the young woman lying on the ground, someone cradling her, the woman herself holding an icepack over one side of her face...the other side of her face was bloodied, almost looking like someone had took a knife to it. It's just insane someone would ever beat up a pregnant woman there with her 2 other kids...or that someone would beat up a woman...or...
This world is just INSANE.
(Of course, all of this took place during closing time, since we went later, after church. We learned our lesson to go earlier.)
This black kid half the height of Elijah tried to start a fight with him just because he was "gangsta" and didn't like the way Elijah was looking at him. He even tried kicking Elijah in his..er...yeah...But when Elijah told him to chill, the kid started backing up, like he was a chicken.
We also got to experience 2 bi-sexual girls who were high, that wanted us to give them a ride...making out with various guys and not leaving us alone. Probably because one of them is my neighbor. =/ This world has indeed gone to hell.

I keep making random friends at random places I go to. Like Target South, there's Alexis. If you go there, be nice to her. She works in the cafe. Isaac, Elijah and I were there on Monday night and just started talking to her randomly, telling her jokes and hoping she would give us free pizza since it was almost closing time. But we just stood there and chatted with her for a while, pretty sweet. Invited her to see a free movie with us (she didn't show, neither did this girl I went to Studio with that works at Target. If you see a girl named Karis [real name Karissa] that works there, be nice to her. She used to have a pet monkey, and has a 3 or 4 year old son. I didn't recognize her at first, but she was excited to see me, and gave me her number. I saw her when I went to Target again tonight, and I wasn't so nice in my acknowledgment. Thank goodness for text message apologies =P)
Anyways, back to Alexis...I saw her as well when I went back to Target with my sisters, mom and niece today. She was on the end of her break, so we just chatted for a little bit. She told me how she saw the movie we invited her to with her boyfriend on Tues. night. She also told her boyfriend about the 3 of us, and how we are the white versions of she, her boyfriend, and her best friend. We apparently were "actin' a fool." She wants to hang with us sometime, and I got her number.
I feel like I need to be reaching out more...
Then we went to Perkin's tonight/this morning, and met Annette. She's like a mom, since she is a mom. We talked to her for a little bit, and she's hilarious. She gave us free drinks since we were so nice to her. And when we left, she had to make sure she got a hug from all of us. So, if you end up at Perkin's South late at night and get her as a server, tip her well.

Oh, today's my sister Bonnie's 30th birthday. Happy birthday Bonnie! :)

No comments: